The City of Springfield is now hiring for a Public Affairs Coordinator.
The deadline to apply is January 13, 2023.
Job Status: Full-Time
Shift: 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Days Worked: Mon., Tue., Wed., Thu., Fri.
Rate of Pay: $49,523.07 – $68,117.76
Promote the advancement of the City of Springfield by performing professional, administrative, and clerical work in the fields of communications, economic development, and public relations.
- Writes, edits, prepares and distributes informational materials such as a citywide newsletter to inform the community of city issues, services, programs and events.
- Writes, edits, prepares and distributes the employee newsletter.
- Prepares and delivers presentations to internal and external audiences.
- Represents the city at meetings and events such as community or merchant group meetings and career fairs.
- Writes and manages grants as needed for the city.
- Serves as a liaison to the media and a city spokesperson for routine city issues and services.
- Administers city website content and social media accounts.
- Manages content of the city’s public access television channel.
- Records and posts video of city meetings such as Board of Mayor and Aldermen and
- Planning Commission to various electronic mediums.
- Performs routine administrative support tasks as directed by the City Manager and Assistant City Manager.
- Serves as the initial point of contact for commercial constituent services such as business relations and economic development.
Get more information about this job here.