The City of Springfield is hiring for a police officer.
Education and Experience: High school diploma, some experience in police work desirable, or a combination of education and experience equivalent to the required knowledge and abilities.
Must meet the following qualifications as specified in TCA 38-8-106:
- Be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Not have been convicted of or pleaded guilty to or entered a plea of nolo contendere to any felony charge or to any violation of any federal or state laws or city ordinances relating to force violence, theft, dishonesty, gambling, liquor or controlled substances, and not have been released or discharged under any other than honorable discharge from any of the armed forces of the United States.
- Have his/her fingerprints on file with the Tennessee Bureau of investigation.
Have good moral character as determined by a thorough investigation conducted by the city.
- Be free of all apparent mental disorders as determined in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Third Edition (DSM-II) of the American Psychiatric Association. Applicants must be certified as meeting these criteria by a qualified professional in the psychiatric or psychological fields.
- Required Certifications/Licenses: Must have completed a POST-approved law enforcement training academy with a satisfactory score in all fields including firearms qualifications, physical training, and defensive techniques. Must have or be able to obtain POST-certification in the State of Tennessee.
Must possess a valid Class D driver license issued by the State of Tennessee. Must pass a thorough background investigation and polygraph examination. Must also pass a drug screen, psychological evaluation, physical agility test, and physical examination based on the essential functions of the job
Positions with the City of Springfield feature an unparalleled benefits package, including paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance for employees and their families, a 100% paid retirement plan, and access to a free health clinic.
Learn more about the job and apply here.