The second week of the 2021 high school football playoffs is this Friday. All playoff games are scheduled to kick off at 7 PM local time this Friday night. Brackets and rosters for the 2021 postseason series can be found at TSSAAsports.com or through the Playoff Headquarters link below.
Fans can purchase advance tickets for all playoff games for $8 through GoFan. Tickets will be $10 with cash at the gate.
Playoff Headquarters Purchase Tickets
TSSAA encourages everyone — administrators, coaches, officials, and fans — to work together to follow the protocols that local host schools have in place so that our student-athletes have the opportunity to enjoy athletic competition throughout the year. Although most TSSAA mandates from a year ago are no longer in place, it is important that visiting teams and spectators adhere to the rules or requirements instituted by local school boards, municipalities and other government agencies where they are traveling. TSSAA believes that every adult and every participant should do their part and conduct themselves safely and thoughtfully so that the schools can provide as many opportunities as possible for the student-athletes this fall.
Live Streaming Video on NFHS Network
More than half of the 60 playoff games scheduled this Friday will be broadcast live on the NFHS Network at NFHSnetwork.com and through the NFHS Network app. Click the link below for an up-to-date list of all games broadcast on the Network this week.
Research the postseason history of your favorite schools anytime at TSSAAsports.com.
- Thirty of the sixty contests this week are first-time playoff meetings for the opposing schools.
- Midway and Coalfield have met three times in the TSSAA playoffs since 2004. Midway has yet to defeat Coalfield in the football postseason.
- Clay Co. travels to South Pittsburg to meet the pirates for the fifth time in the playoffs. South Pittsburg is 4-0 in the series.
- Rockwood hosts Hampton having played three previous times in the playoffs. Rockwood leads the series 3-0.
- This is the fourth consecutive season that Trousdale Co. and Meigs Co. have met in the playoffs. Meigs Co. has won two of the three previous meetings.
- Fulton meets Greeneville for the fifth time in the TSSAA playoffs. The series is knotted 2-2.
- CAK and CPA meet in the playoffs for the first time since 2017.
- Lewis Co. and Forrest first met in the playoffs in 1979. Lewis Co. leads the series 2-0.
- Millington and Dyersburg meet in the playoffs for the third straight season. The series is tied 1-1.
- Pearl-Cohn and Hardin Co. last met in the playoffs in 1996. The game was won 22-7 by Pearl-Cohn, enroute to the school’s first state football championship.
- Munford hosts Henry Co. having never defeated the visitors in the playoffs in the last five attempts. The teams first met in the playoffs in 2011.
- Baylor is on the road at MBA having won only two of the school’s 10 previous meetings in the TSSAA playoffs.
BlueCross Bowl State Championships
The BlueCross Bowl TSSAA State Football Championships will be held December 2-4, 2021 at Finley Stadium in Chattanooga, Tenn.
Thursday, Dec. 2
DII-AA Championship Game – 11 AM EST
DII-A Championship Game – 3 PM EST
DII-AAA Championship Game – 7 PM EST
Friday, Dec. 3
Class 3A Championship Game – 11 AM EST
Class 1A Championship Game – 3 PM EST
Class 5A Championship Game – 7 PM EST
Saturday, Dec. 4
Class 4A Championship Game – 11 AM EST
Class 2A Championship Game – 3 PM EST
Class 6A Championship Game – 7 PM EST